Nine Peruvian destinations have been included in this year’s Top 100 Sustainable Destinations list, which showcases the most environmentally friendly tourist destinations with the minimum possible impact on the environment and local culture.
Peruvian destinations and the regions they are located in are listed below:
– Tambopata National Reserve (Madre de Dios)
– Alto Mayo – Tarapoto (Saint-Martin)
– Pacaya Samiria National Reserve (Loreto)
– Gocta – Kuelap (Amazonas)
– Historic sanctuary of the forest of Pomac (Lambayeque)
– Tingo Maria National Park (Huanuco)
– Titicaca, sacred lake of the Incas (Puno)
– Sandia, coffee route and Bahuaja Sonene National Park (Puno – Madre de Dios)
– Colca Canyon (Arequipa)
Thanks to this recognition, Peru is part of an international group of destinations committed to sustainable development, including Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Japan, among others, which will have important promotional opportunities – regarding the use of the TOP 100 logo on their social networks and websites— and will be included on the Good Travel Guide website.
In addition, good practice stories from Peruvian destinations are eligible for nomination to the Green Destinations Stories Awards – held at ITB Berlin.
(FIN) NDP / MDV / RMB