US $ 21.5 million over six months (September 2021-February 2022) net financing needs
4,182 people assisted in AOT 2021
• Regional alert levels and movement restrictions have been extended until September 19, 2021.
• WFP resumed its emergency operation in favor of Venezuelan migrants and refugees and host communities. The operation will mainly cover Lima, Callao, La Libertad, Arequipa, Tumbes, Tacna, Cusco and Ica.
• WFP has launched “Infochatea”, a chatbot that facilitates access to FAQs on the money transfer operation. This user-friendly operational improvement responds to suggestions made by beneficiaries through the feedback mechanism.
• WFP provided “Social Protection Tips” to 22,000 Venezuelan households in Peru. This information campaign aims to facilitate the access of migrants and refugees to the services available to them.
• Peru has approved a rice fortification law that encourages consumption of fortified rice. WFP provided technical advice to reach this key milestone that supports anemia reduction in the country.
• WFP’s Nuwa Tajimat project provided basic tools to 28 health centers to assess the nutritional status of pregnant women in the Amazon region.
• WFP’s Prosan project supported the organization of health campaigns in Sechura for households with pregnant and breastfeeding women and children aged 0 to 59 months. In addition, the project has published outreach material to strengthen public engagement and provide key data on project progress that can be easily shared through WFP Peru’s Twitter account.
• Through the Wiñantsik project, three districts of Ancash benefit from a drip irrigation system which contributes to improving their food and nutritional security. They can now include fresh and nutritious products in their diet.
• WFP is continuing its logistics operation in coordination with INDECI and the Food Bank of Peru. Between January and August 2021, WFP provided transport services for the distribution of nearly 5,200 tonnes of humanitarian aid across the country.